Founded in 2012, Rezatec is a software analytics service provider that has quickly created a leading position within the Earth Observation market. The company’s foundations were laid at University College London (UCL), one of the UK’s leading academic institutions. Rezatec is now led by an experienced board and exceptional management team comprising of executives with complimentary skills who have all successfully grown technology businesses in the past. In addition to its portfolio of commercial contracts, Rezatec is funded by a number of private and institutional investors, the UK government through Innovate UK and the European Space Agency.
Rezatec’s mission: to help businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. Rezatec does this through its unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using our mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for our customers.
Rezatec’s customers are spread across the Agribusiness, Energy, Water, Forestry and Infrastructure Management sectors. These organisations face new challenges resulting from environmental, climate, economic and social change. There are ever increasing demands being placed on land and its use fuelled by the need for water security, food security and renewable energy sources. There is now the urgent need for the innovative type of decision support tools that Rezatec develops to help organisations adapt to new pressures and to meet changing demand and supply drivers.
As part of its expanding Agribusiness activities, Rezatec is embarking on the launch of a new data service for its customers that will combine dynamic modelling for major crops with newly available EO (satellite) data sources to generate an improved predictive capability for harvest yield. This service is international in scope and delivered by Rezatec, its commercial partners, and leading Universities. The Crop Modeller position described below is an important role that will be key to the successful deployment of this new service.
|Job Title||Crop Modeller|
|Job Location||Harwell, Oxfordshire|
|Position||Full time, permanent|
|Remuneration||Competitive salary and benefits package|
|Company Description||Rezatec helps businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. We do this through our unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using our mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for our customers|
|Role Description||A vacancy exists within Rezatec for a Crop Modeller to join our technology team, based at our head office at the Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire. The role will include the development of crop models and design of data products for agricultural decision support services. The role will suit a confident, team-orientated individual with proven ability to meet challenging deadlines within a dynamic environment. You will work in a team that creates crop production process knowledge out of agricultural big data that is applied in commercial solutions. The successful candidate must be able to commute to the Harwell office.|
|Key Tasks||You will work on specific projects focussed on the agriculture sector. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Sourcing, developing and improving crop models relating to arable field crops and vegetables
· Defining model data input requirements i.e. soil, management, input and environmental data
· Calibrate crop model outputs with phenotyping technologies, e.g. satellite, UAV and in-situ sensors
· Design and develop data products per crop production stage for use in decision support services
· Analyse and research production parameters and their effect and interaction on model output
· Assisting in the design of field trials and data collection methodology
· Working with EO/GIS experts to relate modelled crop development to field and remote sensing measurements.
· Defining data work flows and model algorithms ready for implementation in software.
|Essential Skills||· Degree educated in relevant biological or agricultural sciences/modelling
· Experience of arable crop physiology and application of crop growth models
· Knowledge of agriculture production processes and crop phenotyping
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Someone who can work on their own initiative as well as within a team and can make a contribution into applied techniques and processes
|Desirable Skills||· Experience of implementing computer models e.g. Matlab, R, C/C++, Visual Basic etc.
· Post-graduate (MSc/PhD) qualification and/or research experience
· Experience of working with data from satellites, UAVs and meteorological stations
· Understanding of GIS and Earth Observation concepts, such as projections, formats and experience of relevant software tools e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine, ENVI