Hola a todos.
Aquí os penemos una información que puede ser de vuestro interés. Es una vacante en el Word Agrofestry Centrer (ICRAF) en temas relacionados con el Cambio Climático. Se pueden presentar solicitudes hasta el 15 de mayo de 2013.
¡Ánimo y mucha suerte para el que lo intente!
Para más información, PINCHAR EL SIGUIENTE ENLACE
- Develop and improve modelling tools and methods related to climate and other spatially explicit data to improve decision making at community to international scales.
- Support the Climate Change Unit in improving its ability to answer research questions related to the connection between climate variability and change and agroforestry and other climate-smart agricultural systems.
- Collaborate with the Geoinformatics Unit, the Research Methods Group and Knowledge Management in connecting climate and potentially other climate-relevant data to other geospatially explicit information.
- Coordinate climate change modelling with ICRAF regions and build capacity within ICRAF and its partners where appropriate.
- Represent ICRAF at national and international fora.
- Lead and contribute to the publication of original research papers and syntheses of work carried out within ICRAF and with partners.
- Raise funds related to the Climate Change Unit.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the supervisor where pertinent to successfully carrying out the job.
Qualifications and experience
- At least a PhD in atmospheric science, physical geography, plant ecology, agronomics or other relevant field of science. A post-doc relevant to the field is highly advantageous.
- Excellent demonstrated programming and modelling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large datasets.
- Relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals at least in the pipeline.
- Excellent command of English demonstrated by good presenting and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Good networking skills and capacity to work in multicultural teams.
- Experience with agroforestry systems and a good understanding of social-ecological systems are an advantage.
- Work experience in a developing country is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the R programming language is an advantage.
- Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations.
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence will be via email only addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF):firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should indicate “Application – Climate Change Scientist” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until 15 May 2013 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Interviews will be held on 1 and 2 July 2013
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.